10 Most Amazing Ahrefs Alternatives
Ahrefs easily one of the best-known digital marketing analytics tools in use today. From backlink analysis to keyword research, it is extremely useful to increase your organic traffic, monitor your competitor’s keywords, and help you significantly boost your website rankings through powerful optimization insights.
And their site browser is a wonderful dashboard that gives an overview of your site and the site of your competitor.
There are quite a few things to consider when it comes to choosing an SEO tool. And as much as we love the Ahrefs, there are a few downsides. For one thing, it can be quite expensive for many individuals and agencies who may have budget constraints. What’s more, it can be a bit daunting at first, especially for first-time users, with all of its advanced features. You may also not need all the features provided to add to the cost.
In this article, we bring you some of the best alternatives for Ahrefs that are worth considering. We’ve handpicked these apps based on their features and offerings.
- SE Ranking
- Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins
- Moz Pro
- SEO PowerSuite
Ubersuggest is one of my favorite alternatives to Ahrefs. Right now, it’s perfect if you’re not willing to pay a $99 monthly fee for Ahrefs. This includes people just starting out on their SEO journey, or people just needing to look up an occasional keyword. However, by the day, this tool is getting better and better.
Key Features of ubersuggest
- With the Domain Overview, you can reverse the SEO strategy of your competitor. You can see how much traffic they’re getting, what the top keywords are, and what the keywords they’re asking for.
- You can get a Top SEO page report that shows which of your competitors is getting the most traffic.
- Ubersuggest also has an intuitive keyword research tool to help you find high volume, low competition keywords.
- And finally, the content ideas report will help you find proven topics that get the most traffic and share in your niche.
SEMRush is a digital marketing toolkit literally bursting with features and is probably the best alternative to Ahrefs on the market today. It’s perfect for a competitor analysis and will present you with detailed reports that paint a picture of your competitor’s link building, paid and organic keywords, and ad marketing activities and strategies.
Let’s see what makes this popular tool a powerful substitute for Ahrefs.
Key Features of SEMRush
- Featured Snippets Report
- Google Data Studio Integration
- Stunning PDF Reports
- Tracking Results in Local Pack
- Competitors Discovery Report
- Hyper Targeting by ZIP Code
- Customized Alerts
GrowthBar is a chrome extension that gives you instant access to critical SEO data points on any website and unlocks the growth channels and keywords that work for them. The tool allows you to explore best-in-class keywords, keyword ranking difficulty score, domain authority, backlink data, page word count, Facebook ads, and more. GrowthBar makes it stupid to run SEO and grow organic traffic as compared to Ahrefs.
Key Features of GrowthBar
- Comprehension of keyword competition and search volume. See the competitiveness and the volume of any keyword on Earth. Use this simple score to determine whether or not to use a keyword in your content/SEO strategy.
- Use GrowthBar to quickly view any site’s backlink profile. That means you can see the best backlinks your competitors have and reach out to snag them for themselves.
- Spy your competitors. GrowthBar will allow you to see exactly from which channels your competitors are getting traffic.
- Track the ranking of your keywords. Keep an eye on your overall SEO performance in the GrowthBar dashboard over time.
SE Ranking is one of the most brilliant Ahrefs competitors out there, thanks to its rich feature set that boasts some very unique features. The tool allows you to discover, for example, all potential competitors for a specific search query. You can also explore your competitors’ paid ads and get ahead. SE Ranking isn’t just your usual SEO toolkit though. It also adds features in social media management that can be convenient for those looking for an all-in-one online presence optimization tool that is not possible by using Ahrefs.
Key Features of SE Ranking
- The keyword rank tracker is a great keyword research tool that can be used to check the performance of your keywords in all search engines.
- Beyond the rank tracker, you can also perform a full website audit to see if it’s exactly the way it should be. The tool scans all pages down to the deepest links on the homepage. You will be able to see if the images have been optimized correctly and if the website loads quickly enough for your customers.
- SE Ranking also has a great backlink monitoring tool that will prove to be extremely useful for off-site optimization. You will be able to filter backlinks and also estimate the cost of a backlink campaign. It is also possible to assess
If you’ve ever worked with WordPress before, you’ve probably already worked with Yoast plugins. These are powerful SEO tools that can help your blog stand out from the crowd. And, like ubersuggest, this is a free alternative to Ahrefs. Yoast offers a variety of optimizations, from keywords to readability. While Yoast certainly lacks many of the advanced features found in Ahrefs, it still has some basic features that beginners will find immensely useful.
Key Features of Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin
- Yoast keeps track of your web pages and alerts you when they haven’t been updated for a while to ensure that all content on the website stays fresh and relevant.
- Yoast is also ideal for beginners who have no clue as to robots.txt and other technical factors: the plugin takes care of all technical requirements in the background.
- You will also be presented with suggestions for internal links. If necessary, you can check your focus keywords and SEO scores.
- Yoast also shows you how well the content ranks for the chosen keyword so that you can make optimizations if necessary.
Moz aims to make SEO easy by removing all the complexity of the equation. Moz Pro helps you understand what your audience is interested in and has been searching for when they arrive on your site. And it’s a highly recommended alternative to Ahrefs. You can use this information to create powerful content accordingly.
Key Features of Moz Pro
- Moz has a search visibility score that lets you see how your own content ranks for the chosen keywords.
- The toolkit also helps to identify potential errors on the website by scanning all pages and checking if there is anything that hinders the view of the search engines. This helps to ensure that you enjoy higher rankings.
- Moz not only identifies possible faults but also makes specific recommendations for you to follow in order to improve ranking.
- You can also use their proprietary metrics to see if your links are the way they should be for good SEO.
Serpstat is another powerful SEO toolkit that packs a number of useful optimization features and considered one of the best alternatives to Ahrefs. You will be able to use the tool to compare your pages and identify what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to boosting search engine rankings. The great thing about this Ahrefs alternative is that the software takes a holistic view of SEO and even has content marketing tools built-in. You can use these to improve the content on your site and to meet the specific needs and queries of your users who make up the majority of your traffic. Use market intelligence tools to optimize your content for market trends.
Key Features of Serpstat
- Advertising Analysis
- Market Intelligence
- Search Analytics
- Rank Tracking
- On-Page Audit
- Content Marketing Ideation
- Competitor Research
- Reports and Infographics
- Keyword Research
KWFinder is a great SERP analysis tool that will come in handy if you’re looking to test new ideas or evaluate what your customers really are looking for. It gives a great competition to Ahrefs.
KWFinder is therefore a complete digital marketing analysis suite that will help you refine everything from your SEO to your content strategy. The tool allows you to address many subtle and finer aspects of the great SEO that will play a pivotal role in the long term.
Key Features KWFinder
- KWFinder helps you to identify and analyze the most relevant keywords. A number of keyword research and exploration tools are built-in.
- The tool also uses Google Suggest to find the right phrases for your keyword. The tool uses autocomplete and questioning mechanisms. You will also be able to use KWFinder’s autocomplete feature to track relevant long-tail keywords that can work wonders for your business.
- Tool packs in SERP analysis features that can be used to test if a keyword is really relevant enough. You can also check how your competitors use keywords and rank higher than that. The SERP analysis tools in the KWFinder will also help you discover the search purpose of the KWFinder.
Majestic is one of the best competitors in Ahrefs for a number of reasons. It is, in fact, a tool of choice for media analysts and SEO professionals, given the rich insights it gives to SEO metrics for any site and its competitors. The company claims to have mapped the internet to the extent that it now has the largest Link Intelligence database in the world.
Key Features of Majestic
- If you’re looking for a tool that will check your competitor backlinks and refer domains to a large number of URLs at once, Majestic can help you with just that and more. Bulk Backlink Checker allows you to analyze multiple websites at once.
- The Majestic Search Explorer tool is a great way to identify the top pages for any topic. You can also actually see what makes these pages rank higher in search results so that you can change your own SEO strategy accordingly in a bid to outrank the top pages.
- You will be able to evaluate Twitter rankings using Majestic and see tweets from a specific user who has received the most commitment. Majestic also lets you identify the most vulnerable too.
- Another major feature of Majestic is the historical peer-review tool that allows you to compare your site with your competitors in terms of backlinks. You can compare five sites alongside each other and see how each one has evolved over time.
- Majestic also features Flow Metrics data in the form of tables and charts that can help you see deep-level link performance.
BuzzSumo is an ideal Ahrefs alternative for brands that need to upgrade their SEO and SMM strategies from top to bottom. The idea factory, as the tool itself calls it, generates great content ideas that can help your brand secure higher viewing. What’s more, it also helps you identify the right influencers for your specific business niche.
Key Features of BuzzSumo
- BuzzSumo’s trend discovery feature allows SEO professionals to identify real-time viral trends for any location or topic. This way, you can stay at the top of the trends that matter and that should play a role in defining your content strategy.
- BuzzSumo also gives you great content ideas with examples to help you enrich your pages with the right content that can significantly boost rankings.
- The tool also helps you discover the right influencers for your brand. You can identify profiles that drive the highest levels of engagement online and get in touch with the right people out there. Often, it’s not about the number of followers but the actual engagement that an influencer can generate.
- BuzzSumo not only lets you identify the right influencers for yourself but also helps you see which influencers your competitors have been engaging. Deep competitor analysis tools are included in the toolkit.
- The tool also lets you identify authors who create niche content and generate high levels of engagement in the form of online shares and likes.
All the Ahrefs alternatives we discussed has its own pros and cons, some are cheap, some have a particular collection of features and/or specializations. It’s critical to choose the right SEO tool to meet your needs and budget to optimize cost-efficiency.
If you think that we have missed any of the best ahrefs alternative then feel free to mention the names in the comment section.