Apple in March 2020 refreshed its iPad Pro lineup, introducing a faster A12Z Bionic processor, dual rear cameras, a new LiDAR scanner for improved augmented reality capabilities, improved audio, and an optional Magic Keyboard accessory that adds a trackpad to the iPad for the first time.
The 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models were updated in March 2020 with a faster A12Z Bionic chip, a new 10MP Ultra Wide camera to complement the traditional 12MP camera, a LiDAR depth scanner for improved augmented reality experiences, and more. There’s also a new Magic Keyboard with Trackpad, and the new iPad Pro models continue to work with the Apple Pencil 2.
- 12.9-inch 2732 x 2048 or 11-inch 2388 x 1668 display
- A12Z Bionic processor
- Edge-to-edge display without Home button
- 12MP Wide and 10MP Ultra Wide rear cameras
- LiDAR depth scanner for AR
- TrueDepth Camera with Face ID
- Optional Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard With Trackpad, and Smart Keyboard Folio
- Available in Silver and Space Gray
According to Apple, the 2020 iPad Pro is its most advanced iPad Pro to date, with a number of “pro” improvements for those who want an iPad that’s able to replace a computer.
When it comes to design, the iPad Pro is unchanged, available in 11 and 12.9-inch sizes with an all-screen design and an edge-to-edge display that does not include a Home button. Like the 2018 iPad Pro models, the 2020 iPad Pro features a TrueDepth camera system with Face ID that uses facial recognition for biometric authentication and a 7-megapixel camera for selfies.