Bard vs ChatGPT: Who will win this battle of AI chatbots? The introduction of OpenAI’s ChatGPT has rocked the technological world for quite a time. Generally, the AI-based chatbot is a component of complex systems that generate content in a variety of formats, including text and images. These systems are expected to have a profound impact on big tech, a large number of industries, and the nature of work in the coming ten years. Nevertheless, the ChatGPT monopoly could no longer rule the technological world single-handedly. Recently, Google introduced its own AI chatbot, known as the Bard AI.
Since its debut in November, OpenAI’s Chat GPT has generated significant media attention. But Google has now stepped into the breach. With its recent release, Bard AI, the IT giant, has established its footprint in the AI industry. As a result, Google’s Bard is said to be a great competitor for OpenAI’s ChatGPT. In fact, it appears that an AI chatbot war may soon break out. With Google just unveiling Bard, Open AI’s ChatGPT is ready to compete with it directly. That said, here is a blog post that lists the main highlights in the Bard vs ChatGPT battle. Without much ado, let’s begin.
Table of Contents
First and foremost, the information gathered by Google’s Bard will come from internet-based sources and data. Conversely, ChatGPT’s data knowledge is restricted to 2021. ChatGPT presently has the advantage, though, as Bard is not currently open to the wider public. Yet, which chatbot will emerge as the preferred option for most users will only be known with time.
What is ChatGPT?
OpenAI created an AI language model, which came to be known as ChatGPT. The Chat GPT AI language model was created to have conversational interactions with its users. The AI is capable of a wide range of natural language processing (NLP) activities, including question-answering, language translation, and text summarization. It generates text responses to input prompts using deep learning techniques that resemble human speech. As said, it can generate responses on a variety of themes in a conversational manner because it has been trained on a broad variety of internet text. Additionally, it creates a text answer in response to an input prompt by anticipating each word till the length restriction is reached.
What is Google Bard?
With LaMDA as its backbone, Google created its conversational AI Bard. Google wants to combine the breadth of human understanding with the power, humor, and creativity of its vast language models, including its AI chatbot. The most recent AI chatbot will provide unique and accurate responses using the vast amount of data readily available online.
Bard vs ChatGPT: Differences
- As stated above, Bard will make use of data and sources that are presently accessible online. Bard can have access to the latest date and be equipped to provide more up-to-date information. On the contrary, Chat GPT’s knowledge is limited to the events that have taken place up until 2021.
- In comparison to Chat GPT, which is funded by Microsoft, Bard will have an advantage. All thanks go to its access to a multitude of data and integration with Google’s search engine.
- While Chat GPT occasionally embellishes stories and makes factual errors, Google’s Bard AI is expected to offer customers more trustworthy information. This is a great bonus.
- Bard would be able to distill complicated concepts into palatable, conversation-starting chunks. The goal is to spread knowledge more widely in an approachable manner that would motivate everyone, especially kids, to learn. Contrarily, Chat GPT generates content in response to the text command. Simply put, Bard will produce more information in smaller chunks, whereas ChatGPT will produce content in response to a single text input.
- The data source is the key distinction between ChatGPT and Bard. As stated above, Bard will continuously access the internet for information, ensuring that it is up to date. However, the sources used by ChatGPT are only up to 2021 data. Therefore, it can only use more recent data. By gathering the latest research, Google’s Bard AI will definitely have additional knowledge to collect data in real time.
- Another point of difference is, ChatGPT utilizes GPT 3.5 while Bard uses LaMDA for dialogue applications. Bard AI functions as an AI chatbot in a manner similar to Chat GPT. However, Bard is based on Google’s LaMDA (Language Concept for Dialogue Application) model. LaMDA was introduced to understand natural language using an open-source network. Rather than using individual words to generate a dialogue, LaMDA is trained to search for patterns in between words and phrases.
- Additionally, it appears that the LaMDA model from Google will use less server space than the GPT 3.5 architecture from OpenAI. As a result, compared to Chat GPT, Bard AI might be able to accommodate more people.
Are there any alternate forms of Generative AI?
There are a lot of AI content creators out there. A number of firms, including ChatSonic, Jasper AI, OpenAssistant, and Word Tune, are all working on their own initiatives. Baidu, China’s search engine, will also employ AI in the form of an application named Ernie Bot.
As fast as it was initiated, AI in marketing is something that is still evolving and identifying new applications in email optimization, customer support, social media posts, product suggestions, etc.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google, claims that this unique function would “provide fresh, high-quality responses.” And as a result, many believe that Bard will be far more dependable than Chat GPT. Whereas, as per Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, ChatGPT reached around 1 million users in just five days.
Quick Comparison: Bard vs ChatGPT
|Date of release
|Holds an AI-powered conversational chatbot. It is built on Google’s LaMDA It retrieves data and information from the web/Internet.
|It is an Open-source conversational AI chatbot. It is built on OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 ChatGPT and gathers information from the data it is trained on.
|Helps in primary search functions. It offers ideas. It describes complicated and complex concepts
|It helps in creating summaries and generating reports. It offers ideas. It describes complicated concepts. It develops marketing material. It executes language translations
|Bard has a restricted availability as of now. Currently, it is just available to testers.
|ChatGPT is free. However, for the plus version, users need to pay a monthly subscription of $20.
Simply put, there are a very few differences between these two models other than their underlying architecture. Google’s Bard AI is not yet accessible to the general public, but that should change this year. Both models are capable of doing similar tasks, like suggesting party themes, deriving meaning from difficult concepts, and translating languages.
Wrapping It Up
Bard AI and Chat GPT are two very potent AI models. It will be fascinating to observe how Google’s new tool compares to OpenAI in terms of performance. However, in this instance, the answer won’t be known until the model is made public. Despite not yet being accessible to the general public, Bard AI holds enormous potential. The increasing use of virtual assistants and many other smart home technologies is already beginning to alter how humans live and conduct business.
Nevertheless, despite these advancements, concerns regarding job loss and moral implications keep people from using AI at work. That said, this guide lists the main differences between the two AI chatbots. However, it is vital that organizations thoroughly consider the benefits and risks of adopting AI and implement these technologies in an ethical and rational manner.
- Stepping Into The Future: A Guide To Understanding The Metaverse
- From Zero To Hero: The Incredible Story Of SHIB And Its Phenomenal Growth
- M2 Pro MacBook Pro 16: A Review Of Apple’s Upgraded Creative Workhorse
- Best Fitbits In 2023 For A Healthier And Fitter You
- Best IPhones Of 2023 – Which One Is Right For You?