Even though there is a lot of information on the internet about how easy dropshipping is, it isn’t as easy as many say. The dropshipping company has a lot of technical challenges, and if you don’t solve them first, your chances of success are low.
This may sound like I’m telling you not to take this path, but I’m just letting you know what’s ahead, like what challenges you’ll face and how to prepare for them. The first problem is picking the best Ecommerce Platforms for Dropshipping business.
Ecommerce and dropshipping use the same eCommerce platforms because they are the same business. But there are a few things dropshippers need to know before they start their business, like how easy it is to get to these stores, how much they cost, and, most importantly, what kind of help they offer.
What is a dropshipping company?
Dropshipping is a way to get products to customers without the store owner having to store or track inventory. Instead, when a customer makes a purchase, the order is filled by a third-party supplier. The supplier will pack and ship the product to customers without you having to do anything.
In recent years, many people who want to start their own business have been drawn to this business model because it is easy to start and doesn’t require a lot of money. Even though there are a lot of downsides to dropshipping, like low-profit margins and a lot of competition, this business model is still appealing to small business owners or full-time workers who want to start a side business.
List of the best platforms for dropshipping in 2022
Let’s get into the details to find the best Ecommerce Platforms for Dropshipping new businesses that want to start a dropshipping business. This comparison looks at how easy each platform is to use, how well it helps users, and how much it costs.
WooCommerce is the Ecommerce Platforms for Dropshipping that is used the most worldwide. It has a market share of almost 29% of all eCommerce stores. This is mostly because it is a free plugin that is easy to install. Users of WooCommerce can install it with just one click, which makes it a great platform for people who aren’t tech-savvy.
WooCommerce is easy to use because it has a simple GUI interface that even a beginner can understand. It is built on WordPress, a popular blogging platform that lets users add free add-ons. With just a few clicks, WordPress users can easily install WooCommerce and get their businesses up and running.
- Support: WooCommerce has a large community of designers and developers who work hard to get the word out about it. Users can find a lot of information on how to set up this platform and get help on the internet.
- Price: There is no cost to use WooCommerce. It is a plugin for WordPress, and people who already have WordPress can quickly and for free add it as a plugin.
- Websites Hosted on It: Because it hosts millions of online stores, it’s easy to find many well-known eCommerce sites that use it as their platform. Singer, Weber Grills, Ripley’s Believe it or not, and All Black are some.
Your WooCommerce store will load in less than a second. Google likes websites that take ONE second or less to load. You can do that with the hosting stack from Cloudways.
Magento is the third most popular platform for ecommerce. It is strong but hard to understand, so it may not be suitable for beginners. Magento is a good eCommerce platform for developers, but you need to know at least the basics of programming to use it. Most dropshippers who use Magento as their e-commerce platform either learn how to develop a Magento store or have hired developers.
- User-Friendliness: Magento is a sophisticated eCommerce platform that is easy to use. Anyone who wants to start a drop-shipping business can use it to make an eCommerce store, but they will need help fixing errors or getting updates. So, I won’t recommend it to people who are just starting.
- Support: Magento is a platform that a lot of people use. It has a forum where Magento employees, developers, and designers can help people start. Also, it has many ways for users to get help outside the site, like YouTube channels, blogs, and forums, if they get stuck while building their dropshipping stores. Dropshippers can also choose from several plugins for Magento. Magento is a free e-commerce platform that anyone with little help can set up.
- Websites Hosted on It: Thousands of the best eCommerce sites are hosted on Magento. Companies like Selco BW, Dufry, and JCB use it to run their stores and factories.
- Bonus Tip: Always choose an optimized eCommerce host to ensure your dropshipping store loads in a flash.
Shopify is, without a doubt, one of the best Ecommerce Platforms for Dropshipping. It says that it hosts about 500,000 online shops and dropshipping sites. In 2016, Shopify bought Oberlo. Oberlo is a dropshipping plugin that makes importing products and fulfilling orders easy. It is one of the eCommerce platforms that people who aren’t very tech-savvy use the most. With 20% of the market share, Shopify is the second most-used platform. It is, however, a hosted platform. Consider these Shopify alternatives if you want a platform that you host yourself.
- Support: Shopify has email, phone, and chat support available all the time. It also has an official forum where people can go to get help. But because Shopify is a private company, you won’t find much help with custom development on community forums.
- Shopify is an eCommerce platform that costs money to use. It comes with three plans that cost between $29 and $299. Advanced Shopify is a good choice for businesses that want high-end services.
- Sites that are hosted on it: Most of the best dropshipping stores are hosted on Shopify. Sites like Negative Underwear, UgMonk, Flat Spot, and Pipcorn are on.
BigCommerce is an ecommerce platform that is hosted. It has a fair share of the eCommerce platform market and hosts over 150,000 big and small websites. It is known for having an easy-to-use interface and a quick way to set up eCommerce. Compared to Shopify, BigCommerce is a more affordable hosted eCommerce platform because it doesn’t charge transaction fees and lets you have as many staff accounts as you want.
BigCommerce is easy to use because it is simple. It’s easy to set up your trial account and start using it. Most BigCommerce themes are free, and the layout can be easily changed to fit your needs.
- Support: Email, chat, phone, and a forum are all ways to get help with BigCommerce, just like Shopify.
- Price: There are three basic packages from BigCommerce that range from $29 to $250. It also has an enterprise version, but the price isn’t listed, and you have to call the BigCommerce team to find out how to get it.
- Websites Hosted on It: Top companies like Toyota, Marucci Sports, and Nine Line Apparel all use BigCommerce to host their online stores.
OpenCart is a free and easy-to-set-up Ecommerce Platforms for Dropshipping. Anyone who knows a little about technology can easily set up an OpenCart store. The platform also has several free and paid dropshipping plugins and themes.
- User-friendliness: Because OpenCart is made for e-commerce, the administrator dashboard has information about analytics, payments, and the number of orders. The point-and-click interface makes it easy for people who aren’t tech-savvy to use.
- Support: OpenCart users can get help through tickets and emails. It also has a forum where people who use Opencart can ask questions about how to set up their stores and get answers.
- Price: There is no cost to use OpenCart. You will only have to pay for where to put it.
- Websites: Many well-known online stores use OpenCart as an eCommerce platform. Have clients like include For Fans by Fans, British Red Cross and 6 Dollar Shirts.
Spocket is an excellent Ecommerce Platforms for Dropshipping. Remember that this is not a stand-alone platform; it will work with WooCommerce and Shopify stores. Spocket is very easy to use and has many built-in features that make it very user-friendly.
- Support: Spocket also has support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have a problem, these guys will help you out. They also have forums where you can discuss other products and learn more about them.
- Price: Spocket costs $19 per month to start. No version is free.
- Some websites, like berlioza.com and baybbrand.com, use Spocket.
Wrapping It Up
Dropshipping can be a good way to make money in e-commerce. But finding the right partner is the first step. Which Ecommerce Platforms for Dropshipping is best depends on the products you want to sell to your customers, the quality of the supplier, and how well the service fits into your workflow.
As you can see, you can use more than one eCommerce platform for your website. But you should research to find the one that best fits your needs. Make sure you’ve done your research before you move on.