(Hint: Chrome extensions)
Would you be interested if we told you that there is a tool that can help you know what content your audience likes?
And, not just that. You get a variety of helpful add-ons with such a tool that will only help your site grow!
Table of Contents
It is simple to set up as well and very user-friendly.
In a dilemma about whether you should add GA to your website(s)?
Google Analytics is not a mandatory tool.
However, it is highly recommended by most businesses and blog owners if you’re serious about your site.
This free analytics tool helps to track how many visitors viewed your site and from where that organic traffic is coming.
Along with that, there are a host of other features as well:
- Figures and information about visitors
- Visitors brought in by referrals
- Keeping track of inbound and outbound links
- Examine the pages and posts with the highest number of visits
- Real-time statistics on your site(s)
Don’t you think all of this data is worth having at the tip of your fingertips?
We think so too.
GA is free to use and super easy to set up.
Google Analytics can be used by you without any assistance if you learn how to utilize it.
You will not be required to keep switching between GA and WordPress dashboards for stats.
Although there are many GA plugins available on the web, we have sorted out the best one for you.
And that is- MonsterInsights!
Did you know that with MonsterInsights, all you require is just a few clicks?
Yes, it’s that easy!
MonsterInsights is trusted by more than 1 million businesses all over the globe and has over 16 million downloads.
MonsterInsights provides you with features like:
- Visitor information like- gender, country, device, number of visits, and more.
- Tracking site referrals, source of major traffic, and user activity on site.
- You can see stats and figures right on your WordPress dashboard without the need for your Google Analytics webpage.
- It connects your site to Universal Analytics as well as Google Analytics 4(GA4). With the dual tracking feature, integrating both versions simultaneously is possible.
- You can also track Ads and forms. this will let you see who clicked on the ads of your site and whether visitors purchased products, submitted forms, and more.
- You can connect eCommerce tracking with other WordPress plugins like MemberPress or WooCommerce.
- Author tracking is another cool feature. This lets you track data about authors on your website such as which author gains the most visits.
- File download tracking feature lets you see which are the most popular files with maximum clicks and downloads from which page and country.
- Regular post tracking feature will allow you to see which are the top blogs on your site.
Do you now see how powerful and useful MonsterInsights is?
To explore MonsterInsights, head on to their official site here!
So, the process of installing MonsterInsights is straightforward and quick.
Follow this short guide:
- Create an account on MonsterInsights or log in if you already have an account.
- Go to Downloads at the top of your account page and click on “Download MonsterInsights”.
- Now, go to the site where this plugin needs to be installed.
- Then log in to the admin dashboard of WordPress. Then go to Plugins, then Add New, and select Upload Plugin.
- Then click on Choose file option to upload the downloaded file. Then click Install Now.
- Once it has been installed, click on Activate Plugin button.
- Once activated, go to your dashboard again and find your License Key. Now go to Insights, then Settings and enter this license key and click Verify Key.
Done? Yes, that’s how simple it is.
Your plugin is now activated.
How To Connect MonsterInsights To Google Analytics?
For this, you require 2 things:
- MonsterInsights installation
- You either have a Google Analytics property or a Universal Analytics property.
Tips To Boost Traffic Using MonsterInsights
1. Alterations in Settings
In this section, we’ll see what all alterations are required on the Settings page of your MonsterInsights profile.
- Go to the General Settings section and click on “Authenticate with your Google account”.
- Now, we shall customize some basic settings for top plugin functionality.
- Under Analytics profile, choose the correct profile in your GA account.
- Click on the following settings options:
- Track Outbound Click and Downloads
- Allow Tracking of Anonymous Data
- Anonymize IPs
- Ignore Users
- Disable Analytics Dashboard
Tick the boxes for the following features:
- Enable Universal Tracking
- Turn on Demographics and Interests Reports for Remarketing and Advertising
- Enhanced Link Attribution
Enable the following features:
- Track downloads As: keep the default setting as it is, or you can select “Event” from the drop-down box.
- Extensions of Files To Track As Downloads: keep the default settings here as well
- Track Full URL of Outbound Clicks or Just The Domain: you can either keep the default setting or choose the “Full Links” option to see the full URL of any outbound clicks
2. Analyze Google Analytics Reports
You will get detailed reports of a variety of sections under this plugin.
The reports displayed are:
- Audience Report
- Content Report
- Publishers Report
- Behavior Report
- Ecommerce Report
- Site Speed report
- Search Console Report
- Forms Report
- Custom Dimensions Report
3. Utilize WooCommerce Integration
For this, you need to simply enable WooCommerce tracking on your MonsterInsights profile.
The WooCommerce dashboard will show you metrics like WooCommerce conversion rate, top referral sources, total revenue, total transactions, and more.
4. Easy Link Tracking
5. Use all Custom Tracking Features
You also have this feature of custom event tracking to track file downloads, hashmark, outbound links, and track telephone lines, etc.
MonsterInsights also offers a Custom Dimensions addon, which helps with additional WordPress analytics features.
6. Tracking GA3 and GA4
7. Weekly Email Summary
This will help you as a site owner to keep track of all the activities and progress going on your website.
8. Best Plugin For Multisite Network
Multisite networks mean having a collection of sites sharing the same plugins and themes.
It has all the permissions and controls features that one requires to operate GA on a multisite network.
Wrapping It Up
So many features and more!
When you will start using this plugin, every feature will be put to use at some point.
With grasp and understanding, it will seem simple to use.
Stay tuned for more such blogs!