Are you trying to be consistent with your social media marketing? A good social media content calendar might be the missing element. Developing the social media calendar is a simple process but it can produce impressive results. Social Media Video Content Calendar is the hero of social media marketers. It helps you plan, collaborate, organize, and see everything at a glance. Use a calendar, and you will never again be surprised by obscure international holidays you want to tweet. This post will help you need to know about creating and using a social media content calendar.
What is meant by a social media video content calendar?
The social media calendar provides a detailed overview of your upcoming social media posts. This allows you to be more strategic with your content, maintain consistency and delight your target audience on a regular basis. Your social media calendar can be made easy. Just set the date you will post or can specify more details.
Steps to create social media video content calendar
The steps to create the Social Media Video Content Calendar are given by,
- What you will post: Text and content such as copies, images, videos, etc.
- Who will you tag in your posts: Social media accounts you will @mention.
- Where you will post: Social media networks and accounts.
- When you will post: date and time
- Why are you posting: Goals, Initiatives, or the business unit your post supports?
- How do you measure success: Engagement stats that prove your posts are performing as intended?
Step 1: Plan when and how often you post
Once you have selected your social media content calendar. It’s time to choose a release schedule. Although it varies according to customer social media habits but there are simple rules to keep in mind:
- For Facebook, aim to post every day.
- For Instagram, at least two daily feeds and story posts on Instagram per week.
- With TikTok, daily posting is ideal.
- For Twitter you can try to tweet at least three times a day.
- On Pinterest, you must pin at least three pins per day.
- And on LinkedIn, one post per day works fine.
Step 2: Use the content mix and curation formula
Another way to simplify your content calendar is to distribute a mix of content by format and source. When it comes to formatting, most platforms have multiple options:
- Plain text
- Single picture
- Multiple slideshows
The multiple formats allow you to reach users with different content consumption preferences. Curating content from other sources not only saves time. It not only adds to your brand’s authority and builds relationships with influencers in your area instead of creating a new original post every day. Your team can choose the post format and ratio of post types.
Step 3: Plan the best time and day to post
Choose the day and time you will post. The following days and times are the best times for social media engagement.
- Instagram: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
- Facebook: Wednesday-Friday 13.00-16.00
- For Twitter: Wednesday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- LinkedIn: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Pinterest: Friday through Sunday, 2 pm-4 pm
- TikTok: weekdays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
You can also use software to automatically find the best times for your specific accounts to post to different networks. The system searches for times based on your past content reviews for a specific, data-driven schedule without having to create your own work to be complicated.
Step 4: Plan the pace and schedule your posts
Keeping your Social Media Video Content Calendar full is even easier when you share each piece of content your team creates more than once. You can also see up to 192% more clicks when you repeatedly share content. Consider the posting schedule as follows:
- Release date: Content was shared three times on Twitter and once everywhere.
- 2nd and 3rd day after release: Share on Twitter.
- Day 4: Share on all channels
- Days 5-7: Share on Twitter.
- Day 8: Share on all channels
With different browsing habits and time zones, all your followers will be online at different times. Make your content as likely to be seen by them as possible. You can schedule all these different sharing times at once and even change the copy based on pre-written options.
Step 5: Create and schedule engaging social media content
Despite the discussion of the same topic from one channel to another, you will also want to customize your text copy for each platform. When it comes to text customization:
- You can keep Instagram captions under 240 characters.
- You can keep Facebook posts between 40 and 120 characters.
- You can keep tweets under 100 characters.
- You can give your Pinterest description less than 215 characters.
- TikTok videos that are less than 30 seconds long.
And some tips to keep in mind for optimal engagement across all platforms are:
- Use line breaks to keep paragraphs short and text readable.
- The image post type tends to work best to grab readers’ attention.
- Use other questions and copies that provoke a certain reaction.
Benefits of Using a Social Media Calendar
Why is a Social Media Video Content Calendar important? You can find many reasons to use a social media calendar. Before investing time in the building, you may want to know the real benefits. The benefits are given by,
- Take responsibility for yourself and your team: Calendars are great for setting deadlines. It is easy when deadlines are flexible or nonexistent. Having a clear plan will help eliminate excuses for not knowing what content to publish on your social channels.
- Save time that you can actually use to get work done. No one has enough time. However, planning your social media outreach with a calendar will help you make the most of your time.
- Measurable improvements to your results. This benefit prevails over everything else.
Type of calendar
There are different ways you can organize your Social Media Video Content Calendar. It is based on your needs and preferences.
1. Monthly view
Having a monthly view for your calendar is really great. Not only will your content be visualized in the coming weeks. It also helps to highlight some important events that are coming up that you may want to focus on. A monthly view is available for busy or light schedules.
2. Weekly/daily view
The weekly/daily view is where many of your tasks will go. The best way to use your social media calendar effectively is to write every post for each day of the week.
What’s included in each update?
Formatting your calendar will bring it all together. Setting up all the necessary information and available when you need it. It reduces the time you spend posting. Some information you may consider includes:
- Message to post
- Multimedia Links
- Number of characters (for Twitter)
If every post you prepared had all this information. All you need to do is copy/paste them all.
Who will use the social media calendar?
If anyone is creating social content for a business, media company, or serious blog, they should consider using the Social Media Video Content Calendar.
- Marketing team: Marketing campaigns often have a lot of moving parts, including social elements. Keeping the team organized and making sure everyone involved in the project understands the social promotion schedule is important.
- Small Businesses: Staying organized with a calendar makes it a lot easier to save time and consistency. Time optimization is critical for small businesses with limited resources.
- Consultants: Organizing all your clients with their own calendars can help reduce the hassle of managing multiple accounts.
- Media companies: If you are creating editorial content, Social media promotion is required. Put everything together in your calendar.
- Blogger: If your blog is your business, you won’t waste your time with tools that don’t work. Make sure every post is promoted in your calendar.
Social media calendar template
Social Media Video Content Calendar template can really help you get started. It gives you a framework to start organizing, scheduling and planning your upcoming social media posts. There is no one size fits all approach to this approach. Therefore, you will need to tailor it to the unique characteristics of your campaign.
There are better ways to keep track of your social activities than spreadsheets. But it’s a cost-effective way to go if you are just starting to put more effort into your online presence and want a basic social media editorial calendar.
Wrapping It Up
Using a Social Media Video Content Calendar will help you plan your content based on smart social media goals and coordinate campaigns and blog content to achieve those goals. Be sure to check the engagement on each channel and respond to fans and followers every day. Check out each platform’s analytics to see what pieces of content resonate with your audience and use that information to inform future marketing campaigns.